Basin connection with sewer
Is it time to replace the toilet bowl? Have you already bought it, but don’t know how to connect the basin to the sewer? Call apofraxeis Vyronas who are professionals.
We asked our professional plumbers, who have many years of experience in the plumbing bathroom installation and with their help we have gathered the basic steps in installing a toilet bowl.
What kind of basin to choose?
The main categories for toilet bowls are the following:
Floor Basin: The most classic type and the one that is used the most.
Hanging basin: It is the basin that is not based on the floor but on the wall. It is a more modern choice.
High pressure basin: Accompanied by a type of niagara or built-in cistern.
Low pressure basin: Accompanied by a low pressure tank mounted on top of it.
Finally, make sure you choose a basin that matches the rest of the sanitary ware and tiles so that it does not restrict you from replacing any other items.
What is the right place to place a toilet bowl?
The most economical solution, with the least hassle, is to place a toilet bowl on the same wall as the shower or sink as there is already plumbing.
What to look for when installing a toilet bowl?
- The location of the toilet bowl is crucial for the following reasons:
- There needs to be enough space around it to move around comfortably.
- Consider the free space that will remain when the basin is placed
- Also keep in mind the opening of the bathroom door so as not to become an obstacle.
Ideally, the toilet area should be about 100 cm long and 1 meter wide. More specifically, next to the basin there should be a space of about 20 cm and 40 cm in front of the basin.
How to replace a toilet bowl?
The basic steps for removing the old basin are:
- You cut off the water supply
- Unscrew and remove the water supply hose connected to the cistern.
- Unscrew the screws that secure the basin to the floor
- You remove the basin from the floor and the drain pipe.
- You clean the drain pipe and install a new connection.
Now you are ready to take the next steps to connect the basin to the sewer.
What are the steps for connecting the toilet bowl to the drain?
The steps, although simple, need a lot of attention, as a wrong move can lead to inefficient installation of a toilet bowl and constant leaks.
- The connection of the basin to the sewer is as follows:
- You place the basin on the floor on the holes.
- The drain outlet must be connected to the drain pipe.
- Be careful and check with a spirit level, so that the cistern and the basin are completely perpendicular to the wall.
- You can use a little putty to straighten the basin.
- Remove the basin and make holes where screws will come with holes.
- You lift the basin and place it in the drain pipe.
- Finally, fasten the basin to the floor with silicone.
- To seal the basin during connection, place the plastic housing on the drain hose and tighten it tightly.
- Connecting the basin seems like a simple matter but it also has many points of attention.
Because it is a task that is difficult to do again in a short period of time, it is best not to risk it by installing a toilet bowl and risking it with future and ongoing repairs due to rough work.
Why choose a professional Apofraxeis Vyronas?
On our platform you will find evaluated plumbers, with many years of experience in the correct placement of the toilet bowl and the connection of the basin to the sewer. They will take care of the technically perfect work in your bathroom, so that you do not face any problems with leaks.
All you have to do is fill out our form for free. Within a few minutes, we will find a suitable plumber in your area, all over Athens, to contact you and make an appointment!